Wednesday 24 September 2014

Trans-seasonal work appropriate outfits!


Up until now, this blog has been mainly beauty related, but I was lucky enough to be offered an internship at a high end fashion boutique and found myself rummaging through my wardrobe for some work appropriate clothes. Since it is the beginning of Spring here in Sydney, the weather is a bit turbulent and whilst the mornings and evenings are quite nippy the midday sun definitely heats things up. Here is what I wore for my first few days at my new job.

For the slightly cooler days
In my opinion, there is nothing worse than being cold and for that reason I opted to wear a black turtleneck jumper to keep me snug throughout the day. I swept my hair up into a classy low bun to keep my look professional and to not interfere with the neck of the jumper. As my internship is in retail, I am able to wear Tsubi Coated Jeans to work but this could easily be alternated with a pencil skirt or some straight-legged Zara trousers. For a pop of colour, I throw over my powder blue Zara coat with gold zips – the number of complements I get on this piece is reason to wear it alone! When paired with chunky heeled boots from Rubi Shoes and my Saint Laurent Sac Du Jour in navy, this is a chic yet understated look, perfect for day one on the job.


For the spring days  
This is my favourite look of the week with this Topshop pleated faux leather midi skirt being the key piece of the Spring season. I paired this beautiful skirt with my Zara shirt and some Sportsgirl platform sandals for a slightly casual but feminine look. I am not exaggerating when I say that every time I wear this skirt I have a number of people stop me in the street asking where it is from. I absolutely love the shape and the length, perfect for spring days when the weather is a bit unpredictable. I definitely need to grab a few more midi skirts to get me through the coming months!


For unpredictable days
A buttoned up collared shirt can smarten up any outfit and I love that this is in powder blue as an alternative to white. I am wearing this cropped shirt with my Tsubi coated jeans and a vintage navy Moschino blazer to neaten the entire look. When teamed with my statement Skin boots I think this outfit is stylish yet professional. Of course, the Sac Du Jour made an appearance once again.


I hope you all enjoyed this sort of post! Let me know if you’d like to see more look books, perhaps for the coming summer months!

Love, Catrin xo

2 comments:

  1. I love your style! It's so clean, but also a little edgy :) the midi skirt is gooorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The midi skirt has to be my favourite piece in my wardrobe at the moment! xo

    ReplyDelete